We love fried foods. fried chicken, fried scallops, fried vegetables, we just love them together with great Japanese beer. For making this, it would be best to find Japanese Panko. Now it is sold on the net, and it is worth trying. You will love this.
- 12 shrimp, thawed if frozen
- salt for rinsing shrimp (about 1tsp)
- salt and pepper
- 1/2 cup Flour (or Tempura flour)
- 1 to 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup Bread crumbs
- 1 cups vegetable oil, for deep-frying
- lemon wedges (small lime is fine)
- Peel the shrimp, leaving the tail intact. Rub with salt, and rinse in cold water to get rid of the fishy smell.
- Dry the surface of the shrimp, and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Batter in this order: flour (Tempura flour), beaten eggs, and breadcrumbs.
- Fry the shrimp in 170 degree Celsius oil until golden brown.
- Then arrange on a plate, along with the lemon wedges.
- It's fine to use ordinary flour for the batter, but if you can find and use tempura flour for this recipe, it'll produce a crispier end result. Dip in to the mayonnaise or soy sauce.