This is B-grade gourmet that has been popular in Japan.
Write a review
- 4 slices of ham
- 1 slice of processed cheese
- 1 egg, beaten
- Bread crumbs
- Vegetable oil for deep-frying
- Cut each cheese slices in half. Sandwich each cheese piece with 2 slices of ham. Roll first in flour, then beaten egg, and finally panko bread crumbs.
- Pour the vegetable oil into a frying pan so that it reaches about 1cm up the side of pan, and heat to 170 to 180°C. (When a pinch of panko is dropped into the oil, it should slowly come up to the top when oil reaches 170 to 180°C.) Fry the ham pieces until the surface is golden brown.
- Cut into rounds and arrange on a serving plate. You can also fry string beans the same way.
TOKYO FOOD/DAYS http://tokyo-fooddays.com/wp/