Pork belly and Cucumber Salad
Japan is actually a tropical country. It gets really hot. So, we like to eat cold foods with cold drinks. This time, I would love to introduce the whisky high ball. It is really refreshing together with this pork dish. To me, it is during a meal kind of drink.
- 300 g pork very belly thinly sliced
- 1/2 cucumber( If Japanese one, use 1)
- 5 cm naganegi long onion (or leek)
- 1tbsp minced fresh ginger
- 1 tbsp minced shiso leaves or cilantro
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 1 tbsp rice vinegar
- 1 tbsp sugar
- Slice the pork belly as thin as possible. Put them in the boiling water, turn the heat to low, cook about 3 min. Wash pork with running water to get rid of extra fat.
- Peel the cucumber into thin slices with the peeler. Soak the cucumber slices in cold water to make them crispy.
- For making the sauce, chop the long onion and combine with minced ginger and cilantro in a bowl. Add soy sauce, sesame oil, rice vinegar, and sugar in the bowl and mix them well.
- Place the drained cucumber slices in the center of the plate. Mound the pork, then put the cucumber slices around them. Pour the sauce over it.