We use Dashi stock from miso soup to soba, then to Nimono, to the simmered foods. It is actually easy to make. Here is how you make them! It will open up the new world for you.
How to make Dashi Stock
Write a review
- 1 liter water
- 10 g kombu (dried kelp)
- 20g katsuobushi (bonito flakes)
- Remove any dust or dirt from the kombu.
- Put the water and the kombu in a pot over medium to high heat and cook for 10 minutes. When the water boils, simmer for about 10 seconds.
- Remove the kombu, and add about 30ml (2 tablespoons) of water to settle the boiling.
- Add the bonito flakes, simmer for about 10 seconds.
- Turn off the heat and let the bonito flakes sink naturally. Then slowly strain the broth through a sieve lined with paper towels.
TOKYO FOOD/DAYS http://tokyo-fooddays.com/wp/