Soy-marinated Boiled Eggs
I love eggs. I eat them raw, put on the steamed rice, pour over soy sauce and that just makes me happy. I also like marinated eggs. They are great OTUSMAMI (something to nibble when drinking)for me. You can keep this in the fridge for 3 to 4 days.
- 6 eggs
- 3/4 cup soy sauce
- 3/4 cup sushi vinegar
- 1/2 tsp grated garlic
- Place eggs in a pot of cold water, then heat. When the water comes to a boil, reduce heat to low and cook for 7 minutes. Then put eggs into the cold water to cool.
- To make the marinade, combine the soy sauce with the sushi vinegar and grated garlic.
- Crack the cooked eggs' shells and place them again in cold water, then peel off the shells.( It will be easier this way)
- Place the eggs in the marinade and let marinate for a minimum of 30 minutes. The flavor will depend on how long they remain in the marinade, so feel free to figure out how long to leave them in for the flavor you prefer. If you marinade cooked beans(any beans), it will taste good as well.
- Cut the eggs in half, then serve with the cut surface facing up.
- If you refrigerate the marinade with the eggs still marinating in it, they'll keep for 3–4 days.